Join Sportex in creating a memorable and effective 2019 Safety Week!
If you're looking to participate in the National Safety Stand Down To Prevent Falls in Construction, we've got you covered too!
Safety Week is an annual movement to raise awareness of safety and safe work practices in the construction industry.
Join us as we strive to eliminate all safety accidents and injuries so
that all of our employees can return home to their families.
Customize your Safety Week gear with a company logo. Show that you’re a Safety Leader with some personalized gear.SEE ALL GEAR
Purchase Safety Bucks for your team today!
Safety Bucks can be purchased for your employees and redeemed through your company’s Sportex webstore. They work just like cash and can be exchanged for hats, boots, jackets, and anything else!GET SAFETY BUCKS
Be a Safety Leader by hosting a Safety Week at your company as a way to refocus your commitment to safety.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
Company leaders should make a project-specific a Project-specific and Personal Commitment Pledge
Ask yourself these basic questions:
• How engaged am I currently in company safety programs?
• Can I increase my engagement levels with the project teams?
• Can I make a difference to our workers' safety by engaging more?
• Does our company empower me to make a difference in workplace safety?
After considering these questions, make a pledge to commit to something in 2015 that you believe will make a difference to your own personal safety performance, something that will improve your project's safety performance and help provide an injury-free workplace.
Create actions plans to follow through on your commitments.
Communicate your commitments and action plans to jobsite employees. Ask for feedback.
In an effort to show top-down safety commitment, management personnel should make safety-specific visits to each jobsite throughout the week.
Attend safety-specific meetings: safety committee meetings, morning safety briefings, etc.
Complete a jobsite safety audit/inspection.
Have safety-specific discussions with foremen and other crew members. Solicit feedback from them.
Ask questions such as:
• What are we doing well?
• What can we do better?
• How can we do so?
• Do you feel safe on the jobsite?
• What does Safety Week mean to you?
Have the project team assess where they feel the project is in terms of safety performance (non-compliant, compliant, good practice, best in class).
Focus on items like:
• Safety Culture
• Employee Competency/Training
• Communications - Best Practices, Incident Reviews, etc.
• Controls/Compliance with Regulations
• Subcontractor Performance/Evaluation
Use Safety Week to come up with actions plans to reach "best in class" status - engage craft personnel to join in this effort as well.
Visit the Idea Book for events and activities to hold throughout the week
Invite OSHA on site to discuss injury statistics and other industry items.
Host a Safety Roadshow and invite vendors to showcase new tools and safety equipment.
Invite the Local Union representative to engage in Safety Week events.
Hold safety training sessions (fall protection, ladder safety, etc.)
Review Corporate Policies
• Disciplinary Policy, fire safety requirements, etc.
Review Training Requirements
Hold Emergency Response Drills
• Invite emergency response teams (Fire Department, Police, EMT, local response teams etc.) to come on site to assess emergency response protocols specific to that jobsite.
Review Safety Documents
• Emergency Action Plans, Environmental Aspects, Jobsite Safety Analyses, Required Inspections
Perform a Safety Rollback
• Include site housekeeping, cord/tool inspections, rigging inspections and proper storage, assured grounding inspections, PPE inspections, fire safety inspect
Ready to order? Want more info about Safety Week?
With hundreds of fully customizable products, we’re ready to supply your team with all the gear you need to show that you’re a Safety Leader in your company.
Sportex has got you covered for all of your Safety Week 2017 needs. Reach out today!
Enter your contact details below and a salespeople will be in touch today!